• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

On the dancefloor, how would you handle this situation?

People like the dude you met, is simply below u and not worth the effort and sweat. Just smile and let it pass. Martial Arts people always get blamed anyway. Where in Bergen was this?

Read a book!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Bruce, I know it's hard to let someone push you around. Before I started taking karate I would have probably thrown a hay-maker at him...and had him to mop the floor with my face... but afte years of study, I've found that fighting is no good. It solves nothing. You have to look at why people fight most of the time. They fight because they are insecure. Would you have punched a 9 year old girl if she had done the same thing? No, because she's not a threat to you. People only tend to fight when they aren't 100% confident that they can win. I'm not saying you should have ran away in fear. I'm saying, just don't throw the first lick. Treat bigger guys like they are completely inferior to you. Like you think of them as a kid. Smile at them and say "now, why would you want to hurt a little guy like me...what would that prove". No dignity lost, and no blood shed. But, i realize there are times when you have to fight. A push doesn't hurt you, but if you come into danger, then fight. If he would have thrown the first punch, or drew his fist back, then you should have retaliated. I'm a big fan on the mid-shin attacks with the edge of your shoe. 95 out of 100 people probably have really sensitive shins. One good strong attack to most people't shins will leave them immobile. But, like I said, only fight when you have to. You have to stop and think...he can't help it that he's a bully... people act according to their past experiences. He didn't choose to be a bully before he was born, life made him that way. Therefor you must always remember to be sympathetic to every person, because even the crudest of people..are still people. Feel free reply back to me with your thoughts, I'm always willing to hear a good idea. Thanks!!

"If a lifetime of endless days of hard training boil down to only one circumstance in which you stand in the face of an assailant and have the courage and confidence to walk away, then it has been a worthwhile journey" -myself

Whenever I go into a public situation, my first defense is that I restrict or deny my alcohol intake. Presumably anyone who starts something is likely to be more off center than me and I therefore begin with an advantage. My second thought on a crowded dance floor is that if I respond, I very well may be surrounded by his friends, if I get tangled up with one, I might get jumped by five. Then I take a leopard hand with a quick motion strike the fat Viking in the windpipe and try to keep eyes in the back of my head for the reaction from anyone watching. If they saw me move, then they are paying attention, and are also possible combatants. If they just look at the Viking with curiosity as he's choking, dance your way to stage left. I've seen very belligerent people pacified by a simple finger to the throat, but people don't seen to like studying this technique, they file it into a dirty tricks category and don't work on it. If you train your speed and accuracy so you can sit in mabu stance with your hands on your hips, and suddenly reach out full speed and put out a candle flame (without spilling the wax or the candle) and return your hand to your hip with the same speed, then try "pinching" the flame or "plucking" the flame out. Use this same idea when turning light switches off and on, pressing the button for elevators, etc, get it really secondhand and everyday, then you can poke out an eye or strike a throat in the middle of a crowd and chances are good no one will even see it happen.

You did the right thing man...still I kno the feeling of bein down on yourself for not attacking the fat lump. Still a crowded dancefloor would be hard to fight on. If I was with my gurl I would feel compelled to retaliate however. So I'd have to say, a straight left follwed by a right hook(i'm southpaw)...then get the hell outa there. I wouldn't think grappling would be such a good idea givin your situation

"razor elbows, killer knees, iron fists and monster kicks"

"Nice punch!!!, now let's see how well you punch with a broken arm"

I wouldn't think grappling would be such a good idea givin your situation

I disagree. I think the situation called for a triple back-handspring followed by a flying armbar. :kaioken: *lol* I like the name of that smiley.