• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

On the dancefloor, how would you handle this situation?

I was in a nightclub the other night with a friend in Norway. And I was going through the masses on the dancfloor, then suddenly a fat guy who was about 190 cm tall and probably nearly 300 pounds pushed me hard. And I'm 172 cm and 152 pounds. I turned back and looked at him seriously, said to him "why did you push me, don't push me!. He had a guy behind him, and kept pushing me, and told me to get lost, then came towards me with his fat belly. Then other people came and stopped him for a few seconds, and my mate just laughed at them, then the bastards buddy came to him and started to argue. A few seconds later the fat guy came back at me and went towards me, and I pointed at him and said "don't push me, ok? Go away! Other wise you'll regret, I told him. He said that he's a viking and I am just a "pakkis" (It's similar to the word they use in US towards afro-american people, because there are many people from pakistan in Norway), what will I do, he said. Even though I'm a vietnamese of origin. "I eat people like you for breakfast he" he added.

He just went towards me and my back came towards a wall, he then pointed a finger at me, and I grapped his finger, and repeated: "go away, or you'll regret it, I really mean it". I was calm, but furious inside. And I stood more or less sideways to protect my groin, and was ready to put a knee on his balls if he did something. Just waited him to pull of his first move. I actually hope that he tried to hit me, because I really need a big excuse before I really hit people. Then the security guys came and splitted us. And we were thrown out of the club.

Now, what should I do in this situation, or what would you do? Should I just breake his fingers or given him a right cross to his chin? I feel kind of bad and guilty that I didn't hit him, still mad about that. Because I know a lot of vietnamese that would hit him so bad before he would say a word. So I was suprised that he didn't get lost when I warned him. It's only that I study in a city with not so many and foreigners and especially vietnamese.

What would you have done?

Danh

Shotokan Karate/Kickboxing and My own style

Have no fear in front of your opponent

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He obviously was just itching for a fight. Why give it to him? The legal repercussions should make anyone think twice about fighting.

I'd walk away into the crowd and forget I ever ran into a jerk like that.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

Well Bruce__L wasnt looking for a figt either,he warned the guy more than once and that guy kept pushing him,i would have hit him when i had the chance and cleaned the floor with his fat belly :D

And then you would have been tackeled by the bouncers, held for the cops to show, and charged with assault.

this isn't a movie. Life has consequences.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

I think you handled this perfectly Bruce___L.

I understand the wondering if you should have shown him how stupid he was to pick a fight with you, but your reaction sounds like your training worked.

You knew you could mess him up if it came to it so you acted confident. You gave him an opportunity to just back off. You did not strike first. Well done IMO.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

a martial artist always leaves fighting until then when there is no other choice he/she fights. u should be proud of your self for not hitting him theres a lot of ppl that can't do something like that. it takes more courage not to hit and im sure you could have flatten him but you didn't and that says alot about your self control

Fighting out of hate brings only disgrace.

Barking dogs don't bite, if you had felt he really wanted a fight, hit him when he's talking his crap, hit him when his mouth is open.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

too many warnings

after a max of two I would've made him eat his words, but you have to consider the environment - not too comfortable hitting someone on a dancefloor - it's really hard to guard yourself from being hit by unknown attackers- so if it had've been me (i hate saying this) I would've smacked him 3 and walked off. Either that or I would've just moved off somewhere that guy wasn't so not to cause conflict. Depends how peaceful i feel at the time.

Just a question of curiosity for my fellow nordmann :) (Bruce___L)

What style do you practice, where do you practice it, and for how long have you?

Cheers :)

Grappling enthusiast!

Shootfighting as well.