• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey Goshinman can you send me a private message with that info. I would be interested in checking it out. Thanks.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off being able to defend yourself when you are 65 or, is what you should be training for. Young strapping chaps usually can rely on adrenaline, contrariness, resilience and strength to get through an altercation. Now if you're learning to fight because you wanna fill some voild or want glory (See "Machimura's Bucho Ikko"- Nominal Styles circa 1880) then that's another thing entirely. That's megalomania and S-n-M. Different intent. You'll need not be crippled from bad budo in order to fend off a mugger's attack or a rape attempt when it counts; in your old age. That vulnerability stuff probably won't happen until then.

I laugh when NHB types say they did karate or this certain system, like for example Shorin Ryu. When you pimp them and ask what Ryu or Ryuha they look at you funny. If you don't know then you never respected the spirit of the thing and it never revealed its true self to you. You were therefore never a karateka. Karate unlike MMAs is specific in its scope and intents. All are different and none quite alike. It is too deep for generalizations whereas brawiling or MMAs is very general and superficial. Still even NHB styles like BJJ are all really GJJ, if done correctly.

Karate and other Asian arts are not so dim-witted. Technology makes us lazy and dumb in some ways and more advanced in others. Modern fighting is more of the former than the latter. Don't blow a knee out or break your training partners neck. Little did you guys know that your greatest adversaries were your ego and shortsightedness. In the immortal words of Slim Pickens: "I like surgery, tooooo...."

Traditional=Eternal

Nidan, Hakutsurukan