• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all of us have looked for a quicker way at one time or another. Both are good and serve differant purposes. Traditional arts offer all MMA does but it takes longer to bring it out. Some like to challenge of finding it whatever it is and other like to gain as much knowledge as quick as they can. Nothing is wrong with either answer.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

i did, the traditional was too slow moving and boring. Im better with hands on everything. Stupid add...

fight til you die

I started off in Traditional arts then moved to MMA and BJJ. Best thing I ever did and I don't believe I'd be a tenth of the fighter I am without doing that. MMA and BJJ will help you make tremendous gains because everything is oriented towards sparring and fighting. Nothing is done that is irrelevant to fighting.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

What's traditional mean to you guys?

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Some traditional schools have a tradition of evolving with the times, and learning techniques from other styles in order to always have the advantage of knowledge. Some modern styles are just as narrowminded as traditional ones, and over time the modern styles become a tradition.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I started off in Traditional arts then moved to MMA and BJJ. Best thing I ever did ...

Which, in my opinion, is all that ever counts. If you're looking for the best "all fighting system", then you need to find that. If you're more interested in tradition, and some of the "inner" health advantages, then find the art for that.

It ultimately comes down to: "Is this the right art/school for you?" Just because one art, or school within an art, is better than another for one person, does not necessarilly mean everybody in the world should go sign up for it.

Find a good quality instructor/school that gives you what you're looking for, as an individual. :up:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.