• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fighting games

There is a good chance that my gym might close so i was wondering if it is a good idea to buy tekken 4 or vitrua fighter 4 to see what style of martial art i might like to take. Is this a good idea or the worste idea that you have ever heard?

Not a good idea, for the reasons the others already mentioned. Go to some gyms/dojo/dojang and check them out. Unfortunately, you may find your ideal style and not be able to train in it because of other factors (money, poor quality/no dojo near you, etc); might as well see what is really available to you and go from there.

I'm a case in point: I'd love to take additional training in kajukenbo if there was a dojo near here, but I'd have to go to Toronto (3 hrs driving round trip for 1-2 hr class....not feasible on a regular basis, though maybe OK for a seminar or something). :(

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tekken tag, tekken 4 and capcom vs. snk are super rad. But as for following MA's and learning from the games.....I dunno. You can get a small idea from them but thats about it. And if anyone learns how to do a lightning uppercut, please inform me. :lol:

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

Worst idea. Get SoulCaliber2 when it comes out.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

if you are going to buy ANY fighting game. Buy DEAD OR ALIVE THREE. ITS SO DANG FUN!!!!!! But ya read up on styles.

most games are pretty inaccurate with styles

but dead or alive 3 is fun

tekken tag is great

mortal kombat 5 is alot of fun

but i dont take any of their fighting as 'this is what this art is'

because i look at something like mortal kombat 5's conception of karate and go huh what the fuck oh yeah like my first strike is going to be an outside shuto

• 2 months later...