• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

5 years One kata

Rich

I remember someone being bored with kata now that they had learned them all. I think if they get the above book it might help those who can't see what kata has to offer. Only a thought...

http://www.sanbushi.co.uk/martialartspublishing/index.jsp

The book and the site are nothing to do with me so this in no way benefits me I offer it only for the purposes of education.

Regards

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I must get this book! I think that the "Kata Catalogue" movement began with Mabinu Kenwa, who began collecting Kata that he felt were in danger of being forgotten. It is certainly better to know one Kata well, instead of twenty poorly!

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

• 3 weeks later...
i tend to find that you always think you are doing a kata well until you know the kata well enough to know you're not. Then the rest of the time is spent perfecting technique and movement, i know about 6 katas (first 2 basic, saifa, bassai dai, seinchun, empi) but i find myself going back to the early ones - the saying 'jack of all trades and master of none' can easily be applied to kata i think, so i'm just making sure i do them as perfect as i can until i can move on to perfecting the next. I don't think i could ever get bored with kata - and i'm only doing 6 at the moment there's plenty more to learn for me.