• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Has this ever happened to you?

mArTiAl_GiRl

I've seen many karatekas, who have forgotten the kata name while they are standing on the Tatami before they do their kata. :P

Whew.. thanks god, this has never happened to me. :roll:

A week ago, we had a competition and one of the karatekas from my club went to the Tatami, bowed and then said a wrong kata name and then started to do anoher kata.

I immagine what feeling it is when you do a mistake like that.

Once, I almost forgot the kata name and I was like a fool standing on the Tatami and thinking for a few seconds... like: ummm..... eh..... :dodgy: .... :idea: ........ oh yeah: Pinan Chodan!!

Anyway, has this ever happened to you? :D

Kill is love

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
In tournaments, if you make a mistake, make it with good Kime, I always say! Several years ago, when I was a 3d or 2d kyu, I entered a tournament and planned to do kusanku (Wado), I'm not sure how I did it, but I started with Kusanku and ended with Bassai. I took second. I realized my mistake as I was finishing, but I kept going and ahd good kime. In the years that have passed I have seen similar things happen,a dn I always give the benefit of the doubt in points when the person maintains their focus and dignity.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

no, i almost did that once. i almost said the wrong name but i didn't. in most of the tournaments that we have go to we don't have to introduce our forms.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

Supposedly, Gojushiho Dai and Sho are what they are today becasue of a mistake made in a tournament in the 1970s. From what I have read, Yahara sensei, then 6th Dan, annnounced that he was going to do Gojushiho Dai and proceeded to do Gojushiho Sho. Since he outrankled everyone on the judging panel, he won the Kata division, and the Katas were subsequently re-ordered.

I don't know how accurate this story is, and it sounds wierd even for the JKA! Be that as it may, in Chidokan and SKI Dai and Sho versions of Gojushiho are the opposite of what they are in JKA Shotokan. I'm rather happy that in Seibukan there is just "Useishi!"

:D

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

I didn't mess up the name, but I messed up a form during a tourny. I said I was going to do pyung ahn e dan (Hien nidan). I did the first three quarters of it right. Then I ended it with pyung ahn cho dan .... gggrrrrrrr.

Laurie F

From what I know... if you say a name of a kata in a tournament... well in state tournaments here in Australia... and from what I know in world championships.. and proceed with another kata.. you get disqualified.

I've done karate for 13 years... haven't yet stuffed up a name of a kata, said a kata and done another one... but I have paused in a middle of a kata momentarily...

but performing has become second nature to me...

as a teacher I see it all happen alllll the time.

Kind regards,

Bri!

xxxxxxx

Stress - The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living * out of some * that desperately needs it!

We have a couple kata with very similar names that are identical up to a certain point, so sometimes I've messed them up part way through during class. I haven't done either of them in tournaments in years.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse