• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just tell them that it is your intense mental training (which you have receive from Martial Arts) that is keeping you from bloodying them to a pulp in one of 50 different ways :D

Seriously, though just ignore them. The sneering and stupid comments...what do you think the goal of them is? To get under your skin. I don't think these guys really have a problem with MA...they're just jerks and would be making stupid comments no matter what you did. Act like it doesn't bother you, and get to the point where it truly doesn't. You obviously love MA, so what should it matter what they say? I understand that it's difficult to put up with someone trash-talking MA. Just think of it as a mental test which will strengthen your character. ;)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a "friend" who SLAPS you? In public? :o With "friends" like that you sure don't need any enemies! I'd wallop the guy, if it won't get you in more legal trouble than it's worth, tell him the association is over and you don't want to hear from him again, and go make some real friends. Good luck!

As for your situation about this "friend" who slaps people, someone needs to put him in his place. Ive had a friend or to who think there "all that and a bag of potato chips" and like to pick on people so when they mess with me I just ignore it to a certain degree and if it doesnt stop, i show them how easily I can kick them in the head with out them being able to stop it. But yea, if it doesnt stop, action might have to be taken.

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

yes, him slapping you is a huge deal i would have attacked him right than and there, and people make fun of me all the time about martial arts, but only my close friends know.

i decided to keep it that way because, even noone should know, about your martial arts training. i find its better to keep it a secret. it prevents things like" oh ya my friend is a bb he'll kick your ass" , this has happened to me before. you should make an example of this guy but do not provoke an attack if he slaps you than you can use what force you think is necessary to defend yourself.

good luck

jiu-jitsu is invicinble

neverr let anyone hit you without recourse!

as far as words - they are just that words...

Edited by jmy77

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it." - Captain Richard Marcinko, USN, Ret.

"Do more than what is required of you." - General George S. Patton

"If you have to step on someone else to stand tall, then you truely are a small person." - ?

hey,

yeah im pretty much in your situation all the time man and i feel for you.

Though when he physically is touching, no matter how hard or how he did it, it still is counted as assault so therefore your allowed to take some action back. Though as a MA, you should know the difference between reasonable and excessive force, if he slaps you, hit him back or trip him over, dont try to knock him out. Ignore the people who disrespect you, if it persists, challenge them to a fight, then they will shut up. But never give in to them, you are better than that

Ad

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

give him a nice beating if it gets to much well he got physical wich is way to far so just beat the shit out of him.

Be everything. Be nothing.

I hate to advocate violence in any way, so I would say your best weapon is indifference, just ignore the ignorant. If this doesn't work and you are pushed in a corner, fight him. Whether you lose or win he won't be picking on you any more, sometimes you have to fight. I had the same problems, don't try any high kicks keep them hidden and low, and follow up with some strikes, don't let him grab you. Hopefully you won't have to do this, but if he persists and have no other choice, teach him a lesson than charge him for it.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"