• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Help me somebody lately a school some people ,not a specific group of people, have been having a go and mocking me because i really enjoy the martial arts and that i take a deeper interest than just doing them and find out things about them .They start with the whole karate doesnt work thing and then go on tohow i should use my training to ''beat up'' people that get cheeky with me ,i tell them that isnt the point to hurt people for petty things so more mocking proceeds.There is one boy who likes to slap people on the face to prove a point he particularly enjoys slapping me and saying ''o your training didnt help then did it'' and such like and i have such an urge to lash out to prove my point that he isnt better.please give me som advice on what to do about this .does anyone think i mite have hav anger issues please help me thank you.

I'd quote bruce lee but to me he's just another person who got lucky

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help me somebody lately a school some people ,not a specific group of people, have been having a go and mocking me because i really enjoy the martial arts and that i take a deeper interest than just doing them and find out things about them .They start with the whole karate doesnt work thing and then go on tohow i should use my training to ''beat up'' people that get cheeky with me ,i tell them that isnt the point to hurt people for petty things so more mocking proceeds.There is one boy who likes to slap people on the face to prove a point he particularly enjoys slapping me and saying ''o your training didnt help then did it'' and such like and i have such an urge to lash out to prove my point that he isnt better.please give me som advice on what to do about this .does anyone think i mite have hav anger issues please help me thank you.

IMO, when he slapped you, he crossed a big line. If you think you can beat him, teach him a lesson. I know I would.

Good luck. :wink:

Edit: And about the kids that mock you: until they actually hurt you physically there's probably not much you can do. When/If you show it does work (by teaching the guy that slapped you a lesson) they should shut up...

No, I don't think you have an anger problem. The whole thing about being made fun of is fine since you know they're just attacking something their too stupid to comprehend. But when a guy like the one you mentioned literally slaps you and mocks your training, then you have the right to demostrate your skills and make an example. Now I'm not promoting that you lash out on anyone who makes fun of you, that would definately mean you have an anger problem, but when their mockery gets far too out of hand you should show them something that will make them remember not to make fun of you but ofcourse nothing that would seriously harm someone.

I'll give you some examples from my personal experience:

1. One of my friends was dissing off martial arts and saying that any big guy with muscles could finish a martial artist off (he's 6' and I'm 5'6). And ofcourse, he gave himself as an example. So I simply told him to hit me. He went to throw a haymaker, and before it could land I charged forward a little and threw a jab into his gut. Although he only got the wind knocked out of him and got a bruise it was enough for him to never mocked me ever again.

2. Some guy in the locker room of my PE class saw I was asian and always started whistleing the flute tune from "Kung Fu Fighting" for a month. I finally had it and walked up to him and asked that if he had something to say to me then say it outright. He simply laughed and replyed "Wat cha gonna do 'bout it chinaboy?" Two of his buddies came up behind me and started shoving me around. So I punched one of them in the solar plexus and I side kicked the first guy, who previously was whistling and now was charging to tackle me, a little above the groin area. A coach then came to break up the fight and told us if anything like that happened again we'd be suspended. Anyways those guys have never been willing to look me in the eye since.

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. Put water into a tea pot, it becomes the tea pot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend."

- Bruce Lee

if they hit you hard, then you gota fight back and beat them! if they slap you silly and joke, then you can play about with them and show that they are the ones that foolish in the end. if they have a knife then you've gota put them down with defensive techniques. you need practice knife defence and self defense drills in your lessons. there loads more you will learn. keep it up anyway.

The slap was completely un-called for, but remember, self-defense techniques which are apropriate are perhaps in order. Explain that their own ignorance has led them to question your dedication, and perhaps they should come to a class and learn more about the subject before condemning it outright.

I know it sounds hard but why does this bother you.

Best way to stop conflit is to stay away from people that can cause it. This group you refer to just stay away.

Turn the tables and say yeah your right it don't work. No big deal who cares....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

If mere joking gets to you like this, then you have a confidence problem, not an anger problem. However, a slap is no joke. You need to put the guy who slaps you in his place next time.

I know it sounded a bit petty but, it was joking about a month ago.Now its far past that everyday sneering and degrading comments about how g.a.y i am and how all my teachers are probably lazy fat slobs out for money doesnt consist of a joke to me. The slaping dude is ment to be my ''freind'' and hangs around with all me and my mates and they all like him so it does bother me that none of them seem to notice him he also slaps anyone that disagrees with him to try to prove a point.Thank you all for your help though i will consider what to do :) :idea:

I'd quote bruce lee but to me he's just another person who got lucky