• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

PRESSURE POINTS

Just to keep things in mind, pressure points are only about the size of a ballpoint pen. However, there is about a 1 1/2 inch area of sensitivity around it. Furthermore the bigger the person is, the bigger their pressure points are. This means that the more pressure you apply to a point, the less "accurate" you have to be. Lastly, some pressure points you have to strike, others you have to rub.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi,

I find the people who diss. PP's are usually people who haven't trained in them.

When PP's came out they made a lot of traditional sensei seem patheitic. a lot of the negativity comes from there.

They are a good addition to your arsenal.

They can be utilised in real situations.

They are not hard to hit, if you train them.

The list above by hobbitbob is mainly vital points not the same as PP's.

If you go to hit a point on the jaw and miss the point you still got a hit on the jaw.

take care

MF

Be good people

• 4 weeks later...
pressure points are fun and like madfrank says if you train in them they can be effective, yet if you are fighting an idividual who is doped out on crack or coke they wont care about the pressure point, you need to do more than cause pain. Some individuals have a built up resiliance to some pressure points too, and others have a greater pain threashold. The areas that are called vital points I think are very harmful and should only be used in the most dire of situations where your life is put at risk, these are also known as dim mak points, be careful with these and never practice them unless under the trained supervision of true vital points instructor, you can seriously maim or kill someone with these techniques.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

• 2 weeks later...

Pressure points hurt, but for the most part aren't particularly injurious. Pain can cause submission or distraction, but if a person is intoxicated/high or simply a focused attacker, pain will not stop them. In my opinion, trying for pressure points isn't worth it.

"Sure it hurts, but you have a footprint on your face. Was it worth it?"

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

Just to keep things in mind, pressure points are only about the size of a ballpoint pen. However, there is about a 1 1/2 inch area of sensitivity around it. Furthermore the bigger the person is, the bigger their pressure points are. This means that the more pressure you apply to a point, the less "accurate" you have to be. Lastly, some pressure points you have to strike, others you have to rub.

No offense bud,but you don't have a freaking clue what you are talking about.

It is not true that the bigger a person is the less accurate it is to hit his pressure points.I have no idea where you got this B.S from, who ever taught you this needs a new job and I suggest you get a new sensei.

The whole point of pressure points being taught in martial arts originally was to be able to control a person of any size with little or no effort,but now days it is also taught to be able to knock a person out.

Even if you don't hit the point correctly, it should be enough to distract them as you apply a nice joint lock.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

No offense bud,but you don't have a freaking clue what you are talking about.

It is not true that the bigger a person is the less accurate it is to hit his pressure points.I have no idea where you got this B.S from, who ever taught you this needs a new job and I suggest you get a new sensei.

The whole point of pressure points being taught in martial arts originally was to be able to control a person of any size with little or no effort,but now days it is also taught to be able to knock a person out.

First of all, please keep the tone civil and don't go demeaning my instructor, who is very capable.

Secondly, please bear in mind that when I said bigger, I meant more muscular. It is actually harder to find pressure points on fat people than it is on more toned people. Forgive me if I was not clear enough on this point. Therefore the more toned and muscular you are, the more sensitive your pressure points become due to simple anatomy and thus easier to manipulate.

Thirdly, it is still taught with the idea that they are used to control people, not solely knockouts. Pressure point theory can be thought of as having two complimentary halves. One half, which is kyusho-jutsu is the striking of pressure points to set up grappling techniques, while the other half is tuite-jutsu, which is using grappling techniques to make vulnerable pressure points that you can strike.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

On the other hand, a quick strike to the cricoid cartilage will disable pretty much anyone. Nothing mystical or "chi-like." Simple anatomy.

True. Simple vital points are effective.

Keep Smiling!