• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

PRESSURE POINTS

Where are the best pressure points on the human body and what kind of techniques utilize them the most effectively, furthermore do you think some pressure points are far to dangerous to use in any situation, discuss.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think most pressure points are-

A) hard to remeber under the stress and fear of a real fight

B) pretty difficult to use on a fully resisting opponet due to the precision required

C) unreliable at times against someone who is really bent on hurting you...when the addrenaline is pumping sometimes things dont bother you as much.

Im not saying pressure points are usless im just think you should not put a huge amount of empasize on them or rely on them.

I have had a few diffrent people use them on me while grappling and while they were uncofortable they were not enough to make me let go or loose my position.

As well some people have immunities to certain pressure points, so you never know when your fighting against someone who does. I'm immune to the pressure point between your pinky and ring finger because my pinky finger is double jointed and the joint blocks the pressure point.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

-Albert Einstien

Eyes, Solar Plexus, Groin (in men and women), Shoulders, Knees, Elbows, Trachea, Floating Ribs, C-3 through 7, Coronal Suture, Carotid Sinuses,Ankles. Kyusho are good, but I question the validity of targets that must be struck during the right time of day in the right season. :roll:

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

I've got a question whats is "Bruce Lee's 1inch punch" and how is it executed. Edited by Rich_2k3

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

From an Eastern Medical point of view on pain and Pressure Points...

Certain points are normally more or less reactive(painful) than others at any given time. This depends on a person's state of health. Of course some points like Large Intestine 4 and Sanjiao/Triple Heater 17 are usually reactive on most people.

Not all points work on everyone. It's not because they don't have them... everyone has the points, it's just that they aren't reactive. Depending if a person's health will make the points more or less reactive.

When properly exceuted, points may not have an immediate effect of a person. But I have to say, if I was in a confrontation I want to be sure that if I use points that they have an immediate result. :)

To me, pressure points are like the Special Forces or the SEAL Teams. Special Forces are great for small, intricate tactical assaults, but ineffective against an entire country's army on the open field. That's why we have the Army, Navy, AF and Marines. Pressure points are just like the Special Forces and the foundation of our martial arts training is like the major branches of the military. It would be foolish to have one without the other.

Bottom line.... The right tool for the right job.

Take care :)

Chris LaCava

Jung Ki Kwan of Connecticut

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu

• 2 weeks later...
I would never rely on pressure points to win a fight in real life. For example, the points on the neck, jaw, hands, and bicep, are all don't hurt me much. The sensei can try and try but it won't hurt, much. Another example would be the average drunk, who won't feel much pain at all... If my sensei uses me to demonstrate some self defense, I usually end up in a locked position that I don't know how to get out, not a pressure point lock.

On the other hand, a quick strike to the cricoid cartilage will disable pretty much anyone. Nothing mystical or "chi-like." Simple anatomy.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!