• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

every time i go for a punch with my back hand i seem 2 hit my self in the face and it has ended up leaving a burn on my face ,but this only happens in close combat i think im just hooking wrong and ther blocking it and its hitting my face,dus n e 1 seem 2 have the answer or the same problem???? :-? :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

every time i go for a punch with my back hand i seem 2 hit my self in the face and it has ended up leaving a burn on my face ,but this only happens in close combat i think im just hooking wrong and ther blocking it and its hitting my face,dus n e 1 seem 2 have the answer or the same problem????

the problem here is that your worrying and you are nervous of what the punch would do once made contact, where it will hit, what it will hit and will it hurt them, and what would they think if i hit them there like this.

therefore you need to be positive and use your brain when punching. be confident and ensure you know where you are punching. know your target and do not hesistate. relax and let the punch flow and dont tense up. hook correctly and block correctly. practise the hooking and blocking move just like how your instructor showed you, until to perfect it. once perfected your accuracy, timing, precision, co-ordination, distancing and all aspects related to punching would be improved and solved. also if it only happens in close combat then try hooking in less closer combat and really strecthing out extend the punch to reach the target. hope this info has helped you.