• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How much a month?

$49 (US) a month for shorin ryu karate.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my smallish town (about a million people) the lowest I have found is $50, that is a Wing Chun/Hung Gar combo. Most dojos and dojangs are about $60-$75. The "in" arts, MT, BJJ, KravMaga, being available only at one place that charges $85-$95. And the most expensive, suprisingly at every place that offers it, is American Kenpo, about $120 per month!

Keep in mind, you want to take into account other costs, such as sign up fees (these pay for printed class materials and sometimes a uniform), belt testing fees, organization memberships, a uniform, sparring gear, etc. Some places will have fewer of these "hidden" costs than others and the cost of each can vary widely. For example, one dojo may be ten dollars more expensive per month than another, but if they don't charge a $35 belt testing fee every three months, then is is actually $5 less expensive. Also keep in mind that unless you are talking about a huge difference in price, the quality of the school is much more important than the cost. Some places, you get what you pay for, and some places, you don't.

GreenDragon

G r e e n D r a g o n

FOR THE ABSOLUTE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS...AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE: https://www.trueprotein.com

For an even lower price, use this discount code: CRA857

Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior. - Carl von Clausewitz

hey kick_azz , not a master no... just an exceptional sifu... won't settle for less. there are tons of schools in the town i live in, but none of em measure up IMO... but i understand i have very high standards. to put in perspective, HIS sifu (my sigung) lives on the other side of the planet... literally.

"It is not how much you know but how well you have mastered what you've learnt. When making an assessment of one's martial arts training one should measure the depth rather than the length".

- MASTER "General" D. Lacey

OK Tommarker, you can't drop a bomb like that without telling us what art you are learning and who you are sleeping with to get that price!

GreenDragon

G r e e n D r a g o n

FOR THE ABSOLUTE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS...AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE: https://www.trueprotein.com

For an even lower price, use this discount code: CRA857

Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior. - Carl von Clausewitz

I pay 20 dollars for 3 months. Aikido, Judo Jodo.

Kendo is like starwars and everyone gets to be Darth Vader.

"Luke, I am your sensei"

Green dragon, you say that your small town has about a million people?!?! I wouldnt call that a small town at all, id say that was pretty big. It also seems that all of you americans are really getting ripped off. I pay $50 canadian a month and people even think thats really high. Most places around here charge about $30 a month which is only like $17 american.

paolung or any others wanting to give advice - i have a kung fu school about 25 mi from my house, i currently am a white belt in karate so i haven't been going that long - didn't have to sign a contract - karate is ok but there are a lot of kids(8-14yr olds) in class - i am 27 - the other karate schools in my area are the same way - any advice would be appreciated.

Just give it time and you will get used to the kids. Just when you are standing next to one in the line up make sure you look before you turn. They sometimes turn the wrong way, (like anyone can), or they have shorter legs than we do and can be easy to step on.

At my dojo, it's training 7 days a week. The school offers grappling, jujitsu, karate and other lesser activites. We are free to use any classes without extra cost. It is about 30-35$ a month, not entirely sure.

Grappling enthusiast!

Shootfighting as well.