• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Leaving a Dojo

Leaving a dojo can be a terrible thing in the end. You have to just let them know you are leaving, and that you may come back. Just say you are exploring things for a while.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes; ANGUS and AIKIDOKA, good luck and i hope you both find what your looking for........... :nod:

rushman (taekwondo moderator)

3rd dan

wtf/kukkiwon

[ This Message was edited by: iamrushman on 2001-09-11 19:04 ]

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

Good Luck my friends.

I think its good to keep moving until you find a school you like to train in. And even if you are happy on your new school, you must keep curious about the other styles of martial arts. I'm not saying keep jumping from school to school every month... I just say, Stay on your new school but Never stop watching the other styles and all the things you can learn from them...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Dont burn your bridges, you may want to go back.

Be honest and if its a problem, its their problem not yours.

If it becomes a problem, would you really want to train where such silly things are a problem?

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Well since this in September 10 It might have been done already :grin:

But My opinion would be Why wouldn't you just wait till your membership expired and then leave and never come back???? Or just leave and never come back It's that simple :grin:

But instead of telling the instructer what your doing and want to go into a differnt MA. Well it doesn't really matter because it's your life you can do whatever you want and the instructer wont stop you or hurt you for leaving :nod:

I think... lol :lol:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Thanks for the interest guys, but yes; in the past 7 months I left and went back again! Maybe this thread will be of interest to someone in the same predicament though. Thanks anyway :smile: