• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm starting to get angry.............

KaratekaAikidoist

For many females the idea of actually breaking something is a really foriegn concept. Much of the time it is mental barriers that hinder the physical act of accomplishing the break. Should they continue to train I bet the next time they have to break they will have better attitudes about it.

Hmm, the reason why I'm kinda annoyed by these two is the fact that they have been training for two or three years, are at an orange belt level (testing is once every year I think), and act bloody superior. They don't listen to any advice from others. I have to go to school with her daughter, and she acts like some tough version of the karate kid or something, only making herself look foolish. I just wish her daughter would really back up her talk, after all, she *HAD* broken through a board before, and after proclaiming that it was easy as pie, continued to have trouble with it.

...this, especially when most of the other females in the adult class (most are female) can do it without a problem. it's just these two that I find quite frustrating. You don't "tap" a board with your foot 40 times and expect it to break. I just hate their feelings of superiority and can't back it up with breaking or sparring, or even their kata.

===================

When cornered, kick 'em in the spetznats. If that doesn't work, run around acting like an epilept + flail your arms about while whizzin' in your pants, then fall down foaming at the mouth. They'll be so disgusted THEY will walk away from the fight....

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think it's great that martial artists come here and share their happiness with other martial artists. I think people feel like this Forum is like a second Dojo for them where they can share things with others and discuss. I feel like that too and I'm really glad when I can share my opinions with others who can understand it. So let's keep in that way, right? :)

Kill is love

Back to the original subject ... I am not going to share my rank with anyone on this site. It's not that I don't think it's anyone's business or anything, I just don't think it should be important here. Here we have the opportinity to gauge our knowledge and expertise by the opinions we share, and not just by color of our belts. Lets not spoil it by dropping rank on people.

Hello KaratekaAikidoist, if I remember correctly you had a post that was congratulating my son and myself for acheiving our next belt rank and also thanked me for the encouragment to others about to be tested. You also stated that you were about to test for your black belt which you then came back and posted that you had gotten. I and others congratulated you on your accomplishment which was much deserved. It seems ironic that your getting angry over something that you freely participated in. I'm confused. :-? With that said, I feel that this is a second dojo for me as well and see nothing wrong with sharing with other MA's on each others accomplishments. Who better to understand all the sweat and tears, hard work and didication it takes to be sucessful. IMHO :D

Respectfully yours,

G

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Well, I'm not gonna down anyone about getting their next belt, and also, I didn't want to be rude and ignore people who were encouraging me. I have nothing against you persay, but later I saw a post that just said "I got my next belt" and I wondered why someone would do that. I just thought it'd be kinda weird to say only that. I beleive you said other thing like "It feels good to move up" and you encouraged other people testing. That I understand.