• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm starting to get angry.............

KaratekaAikidoist

i think that if someone gets a new belt and has worked there but off then it is just fine telling people that they got a new belt. i am very proud of myslef when i get a new belt and i feel like i should tell people. it is important to me when i get closer to my black belt and i think that other people should share the exctments with me.

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nerves, the worries, the throwing up in the bathroom before hand. I sooo eagerly await testing again........

:roll:

I usually wait until the final sparring circle before I lose my breakfast... :dead:

Personally, I've been on this forum for a little over a year now. Like PacificShore said, this is almost like another dojo for me. So when I have an important annoucement or big accomplishment, it's no surprise for me to report it to everyone on here :D I would share this kind of news with anyone important to me...this place is important to me. :nod:

(oh great now everyone thinks I'm a computer nerd :roll: .... :lol: )

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

not at all akidoist, we know were your coming from, or at least i do. but its like this. You know we cant go telling everyone about are belt color (or at least we are not supposed to) non-karateka's just wouldnt get it, plus he ruins the art of suprise. if ppl know we are martial artist they may very likely prepare themselves for whats coming if they threaten you. not to mention, for somereason, when ppl know your a pro-fighter weather thats martial art or boxing or whatever, everybody suddenly decides they want to fight you. So we have to get our kicks in here, were everyone knows and understands.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

Good point, fireka. I prefer not to tell my friends that I do MA, but they all end up knowing anyway. :roll:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Even for me..a 38 year old !! I just got over a break that scared the blank out of me..and i actually told a few people about it when i was done. To be able to share our accomplishments with each other is important. My break ( even for kind of a beginner ) was a knife hand. And i had to hold the board with the wrist i broke not to long ago. Frankly, i was very nervous about it. Like many other folks, being able to work with my hands is paramount to be able to earn a living !! 90 percent of my job is spent at a computer..i need to able to key about 80 words a minute to be effective at what i'm doing. One handed doesn't work. Was i proud of myself ?? Your D-MN right i was !! First shot and i didn't feel a thing. It was a huge confidence booster for me and i needed it.

First shot and i didn't feel a thing

Hey, at least you didn't spend 5 minutes kicking a board halfassed like some of the people in my shito-ryu class. The instructor actually got pissed. It took repeated weakening of this board for the woman and her daughter to get through it.

ugghhh...

===================

When cornered, kick 'em in the spetznats. If that doesn't work, run around acting like an epilept + flail your arms about while whizzin' in your pants, then fall down foaming at the mouth. They'll be so disgusted THEY will walk away from the fight....

Half-assed or not, at least they kept trying and finally accomplished the break. Now as frustrating as it can be at times, that's when you offer your support, encouragement to practice even more and improve on the next break. This is just one essence of what MA is all about!

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Now as frustrating as it can be at times, that's when you offer your support, encouragement to practice even more and improve on the next break. This is just one essence of what MA is all about!

Absolutely :)

Hey, at least you didn't spend 5 minutes kicking a board halfassed like some of the people in my shito-ryu class. The instructor actually got *. It took repeated weakening of this board for the woman and her daughter to get through it.

ugghhh...

I had to laugh a bit when I read that. Then I started to think a bit. For many females the idea of actually breaking something is a really foriegn concept. Much of the time it is mental barriers that hinder the physical act of accomplishing the break. Should they continue to train I bet the next time they have to break they will have better attitudes about it.