• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

McDojo

shuri style

You know it's a McDojo when you can get fries with your belt, and you get to take a picture with a clown after graduating.

But for me, a McDojo is a school that cannot teach you what it is selling, nothing more, nothing less.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I've heard of a TKD thing called the "Black Belt Club". Some of my friends are in it and if you come to a certain amount of classes, you're automatically a black belt or something.

A Black Belt Club is a tool used to motivate and keep students focused on a goal. They usually get unlimited classes at a decreased monthly rate (over 3 years) and have a target date for their BB test. It in no way guarantees you will make that target date-it is up to the student to do the work needed to get there.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

In my TKD dojo, Black Belt Club is for the elite students that show special skills. In Black Belt Club, you get to learn weapons, and get to be guinea pigs for new drills :D .

Also, Black Belt Club is the source for all other promotions (leadership team, demo team, etc.)

It's a third class a week, which allows students to fill their attendance cards that much quicker. Without that third class a week, many students have to wait a month for a stripe or belt, because they don't have enough classes on their card.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

In my TKD dojo, Black Belt Club is for the elite students that show special skills. In Black Belt Club, you get to learn weapons, and get to be guinea pigs for new drills :D .

Also, Black Belt Club is the source for all other promotions (leadership team, demo team, etc.)

It's a third class a week, which allows students to fill their attendance cards that much quicker. Without that third class a week, many students have to wait a month for a stripe or belt, because they don't have enough classes on their card.

I have great reservations about such things. I find that this places the emphasis on rewards (rank) rather than training. I have always thought the "black belt club" to be a marketing/swindling tool. :(

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

i agree with hobbitbob. i also feel that rank and club memebrships are very irrelevant. there are only two places to prove your worth, in the ring and on the street, if you are attacked, dont mence my words,my sensai always tells us to prove ourselves in the dojo, never on the street. this dosent mean he dosent want us to defend ourselves, he just dosent want us fighting for social status. rank should be earned through hard grutetous work. i have a lot of faith in my schools system (not that its the only right one) when your ready, your ready, if that takes you a month, more power to you, if it takes you a year, better that you be ready and it take a while than you be un-prepared and over confident.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

The only person whom one needs to prove one's worth to is oneself.

:roll:

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!