• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What exactly is a reverse blade sword?

reverse blade swords were indeed invented b4 the show. i've seen them, i've used them, and it was actually the fact that he used one too that made me start watching the show. very cool stuff. i don't know how or why they were invented, but they were around the 1960's or 70's.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too sure that they were made for real combat though. For anyone who knows how a katana is made, the design would make it very weak.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

There were these very bizarre reverse blades that were highly reputed in combat and popular for a long time somewhere in the far east. I don't have the picture here to scan. Anyway, one end is slightly back of the hand and straight, designed for hacking. the other is curved for slashing. They meet at a point.

I'm not denying the existence of reverse-bladed swords or knives, I'm just saying that a reverse-bladed katana would be very weak due to design.

I'm not sure, but you might be describing khukri knives (I'm not sure). These are carried by the Ghurka, the famous warriors of Nepal who since they were incorporated into the British Army in the 1800s (i think), they have seen combat in every major war and numerous other wars around the world. These knives were famous for cutting off the heads of Germans during the World Wars. In fact, during the fighting in the Falklands, many Argentines ran away when they saw the Ghurkas carrying these knives...

Of course, I could be wrong about what you are referring to, but they are straight in front and curved in the back...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/