• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training Book

Just interested in finding out how many of the instructors here on the forum require your students to maintain a training book as part of their training.

I have maintained a training book for most of my training. If it isn't kept in my book, I have it recorded on video somewhere.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have kept a book since my early days. I would record my katas and combinatons I was working on.

Since we ran on a quarter system something else I also did with it was to sit down at the beginning of the quarter and set goals. And then once a month evaluate how they were going.

My notes helped me to remember better what I was learning. I think it also helped to be able to go back and see where I was compared with where I am now.

I don't have a notebook, but my school has something similar. They have student manuals that have everything all written out. Everything from forms to step sparring to joint locks. It is split up by rank (what you need to know for each rank). It comes in handy, that's for sure :) Edited by karatekid1975

Laurie F

For grading purposes I have to keep track of the hours I spend training in the dojo, plus seminars, and tournaments. Some people write down what they learn in class and others don't.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

I guess it was natural for me to keep a martial arts training book. You see, I have been keeping a strenght training and aerobic log for years. Training books are really helpful to look back over and see what kind of results what you are doing is getting. And seeing what the results in changes in your workout bring.