• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What would be a good song for a created kata?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything except for the damn Mortal Kombat soundtrack :)

Hahaha.... there's this wushu school near me. Every time I walk by there, I hear that one song from the soundtrack coming out of there. I think it's "Sandstorm" or something. LOL!

I guess the little kids like it and get "pumped up." I dunno...

I've always wanted to do a form to an Ayumi Hamasaki song, like "Trauma." When I listen to her, I can actually see the form unfolding in my mind. Hehehe. But that is just me.

Ok, perhaps I'm being a bit eccentric. :roll:

I grew up training to be a concert musician, so I could offer some suggestions from that realm if you like. Try John Adams's Short Ride in a Fast Machine. You could prolly find it on iMesh or KaZaA, and it would certainly be.... um.... unique and new. Hehe.

Disclaimer: This poster does not condone the infringement of copyright made possible by the use of peer-to-peer software. Lol! :P

I say you try the classic yet somewhat non-PC '80s song "turning Japanese". Very upbeat, and would be quite funny, I can't believe no-one else suggested it, maybe they did not want to invite the flames. :P

G r e e n D r a g o n

FOR THE ABSOLUTE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS...AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE: https://www.trueprotein.com

For an even lower price, use this discount code: CRA857

Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior. - Carl von Clausewitz

I say you try the classic yet somewhat non-PC '80s song "turning Japanese". Very upbeat, and would be quite funny, I can't believe no-one else suggested it, maybe they did not want to invite the flames. :P

Haha. Yeah, that would be... um... interesting. Of course, it might seem a bit strange if the karateka was already Japanese. lol

Geez... In this case, might as well use the theme from Beverly Hills Ninja. lol

hey virtuoso punk, whos that picture under your name of?

It's Ayumi Hamasaki, a Japanese pop musician. I grew up living the life or a concert musician, classically trained, so after my teenage years, I guess most of my interest in pop music died out. Then all of a sudden I discovered J-Pop (well, actually almost just Ayumi), and all of a sudden I'm back into pop music and rock on both sides of the Pacific. Hehehe.

Maybe I'm having a second adolescence. lol

Yes, I know she is cute. :brow:

• 5 months later...

I wanted to revive this post as I am looking for ideas! Specific examples...something upbeat....

Maybe a techno remix of Beethovens 5th symthony, Mission Impossible, Knight Rider?

Help!!!!

KarateForums.com Sempai