• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What would be a good song for a created kata?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Yeah we use that too...I do a kata to that song. But it gets such a good reaction from the crowds when they hear it! I guess they just don't really expect to see a humorous twist like that. You can definitely tell the age group of your audience...the 30-somethings nod and laugh. Some of the people who were watching oh-so-seriously will begin to smile and really have fun with it. Sometimes the rest of the demo team will sing along...which can really screw me up! Thankfully they only really do that in practice :P

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

If you're looking for something different try Titanic theme song (or other such style). Musical Kata doesn't always have to be fast and loud. :)

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

If you're doing an open form then you want something fast. Usually techno or dance music is best. Louie Devito dance CD has some good stuff on it.

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

Wow Kyle-san, i always see katas and forms done to music. my school is having a tounrnament soon with a musical kata division. everyone likes them!

Man to man, Soldier to soldier, Dust to dust.

Huh, I dunno, Its gonna be awile so....i'll have time to listen and choose. I was thinkin maybe like a bluegrass song would be hilarious and fast tempo.

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"