• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

okay, this is humiliating

fireka

im 16! belt tying shouldnt be this big an issue! and let me tell you something, when your deslixic, everything takes skill :lol: suddenly opening the front door becomes a complex art form

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Young man, I'm 20 years older than you, and I have days when simply walking without tripping over my own feet is difficult!

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

if this is ypur first class ever of MA dont expect to know how to tie your belt right away i didnt it just comes with time

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

Usually when I would help one of our junior students retie a white belt that was tied in a most creative wrong manner it was because a parent helped them tie the belt. Same with helping a kid tie or retie their drawstring pants. If the pants are one backwards Mom or Dad helped them decide which was the front.

Another handy hint is only wear your belt with your gi. If you have to come to class in sweats or something else don't wear the belt. A Father/Daughter training team came in one night sand gi (laundry problem). They were carrying their belts. Belts and tie dyed t-shirt are not appropriate.

From my years in the dojo I can tell you that all ages have the same amount of difficulty learning to tie the belt.

groovy. will i seem to be getting the hang of it. hobbitbob, thats odd, up until like, your last two post i would have figured you for 18 to 21

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

groovy. will i seem to be getting the hang of it. hobbitbob, thats odd, up until like, your last two post i would have figured you for 18 to 21

I am choosing to take this as a compliment, rather than the usual stunning example of pedophagy.

:roll:

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

It took me a while too, which reminds me...there is a white belt at our club that has trained for a few months now and I've noticed his belt is tied partially wrong (the knot is correct but his tying process doesn't go under all the layers of belt). His best buddy is a student and a brown belt, and another friend is an orange belt, and they haven't helped him, nor has Sensei mentioned it to him. He's always with his buddies before class or I might have mentioned it to him, but I don't want to embarrass him in front of his friends, and since Sensei hasn't said anything I'm puzzled as to how to proceed, or if I should bother saying anything as Sensei will likely mention it before he has to grade for yellow. Any thoughts?

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

Is there a way you can take him to the side and practice a technique or help him with a kata and mention it then?

You know there can also come a time after your a black belt when you have this nice fancy embroidered black belt. Your name on one end the name of the school on the other end. Real cool right? Wait until you have to tie it with your name on the right and the schools name on the left. Only problem is they are both in Japanese. So how do you get things on the right sides?

Do you ask sensei before class or do you ask another black belt? Or maybe do you just put it on and hope you did it right?