• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shuggio

KaratekaAikidoist

I took my black belt test and about half way through I got this weird feeling. I've heard of shuggio which is testing your worth as a warrior by intense training and then of course zen. Is there anyway to tell the difference?What I felt was "pressure" all over my body and then It went away in about 2 minutes. Was it a transition from my normal state to shuggio or what?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best bet would be gas. Caused by nervers and excitment. LOL.

Often times when we do something special we gain a feeling of self worth. Be it make an A on a test or get a date for prom. Diffeant things make us feel good and that is the feeling you felt.

Don't put a lot of stock in this magic art MA offers. I love Ki and I belive in Ki but at the same time you must realize there is nothing magic about it. Just the ability to control you feelings and emotions.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

i agree partialy with what was just said. however i alos bleive in miracles of mankind that make everyday worth getting up for. i to belive in ki, but ithink in a way, it is magic, the magic of the human heart. karate has been there for me when that test i thought i did good on and that prom date both left me, for this i am enternally indeted to karate for helping in my time of need. I belive that the inspiration for the asian nations to create the martial arts WAS divine. therefore its a miracle, and wither or not its magic, i envy you, you got to experince something special that i hope i can some day recive. hold it close, and let the mystery of it spring your immagination and your spirit to new heights. treasure that moment in your heart forever, many wish they could have been in your position.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty