• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

return

devilthaiboxer

After performing a mawashi geri (roundhouse kick) i have alot of trouble returning to stance.I can bend my knee back but my leg just wont let me bring it back down and into stance.I fell really foolish because i just got my greenbelt and i cant even do this and yet everyone else seems to have no trouble just bringing it back.PLZ HELP thank you.

I'd quote bruce lee but to me he's just another person who got lucky

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

its not that it hurts or anything it just wont go i hav no control over it at all and the only way i can get it to go back behind me when i try to return to zenkutsu dachi is by jumping up and putting it back which is stupid cos it leaves me even more open.

:kaioken:

I'd quote bruce lee but to me he's just another person who got lucky

Are you throwing the round kick with the back leg or front leg? In either case, you want to be able to pivot on your support foot as you retract your kicking leg back, at the same time square your hips forward. If you do this, you'll be able to set down in a front stance without too much trouble. Remember if you don't square your hips, you'll land in a much narrower stance. Then again it depends on what stance you'd want to employ for your next follow-up technique. Hope this is of some help.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Get your instructor to go through the technique with you as they should be able to help you. If they cant then its a cr@p kick and dont do it or find a different way completely. MArts moves should not require so much practice to be done either its a bad move or you are getting it wrong.

Ask your instructor.