• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shuri Ryu - good?

frankans

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
will, im not a shorin-ryu practitioneer, but i do study isshinryu, which was created by forging the 'best' aspects of three forms: Goju-ryu, Kobayashi-ryu and SHORIN-RYU. Im VERY new to it, but i used to study shotokan and have gotten a lot of respect since i started training in isshinryu, everyone says its a pretty solid art and since shorin-ryu is a part of it, i guess its prbably pretty divo to. Why? is there a dojo your considering joining?

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

kung fu and karate huh? will, as an advocate of okinawa and japnese styles, im of course going to say go with the shorin-ryu, but then again kung-fu has its advantages...i suppose...what are you looking to get out of the martial arts?

than any art that isnt korean would be good for you. both kung-fu and Shorin-ryu would be excellent choices! i would research the history of both forms and see which intrest you more. at least that how i chosse, im just more intrested in japanese/okinawain culture than i am chinese

I am trying to choose between Kung Fu and Karate and Shuri Ryu is the only style offered in my area.

What style of kung fu? But honestly, go to the school with the highest quality of instruction.

i think it is. where i went the teacher taught a more eclectic style teaching more than shorin ryu. over all it hink sorin ryu is great .

fight til you die

If your school is affiliated with the late Robert Trias, then it should be allright. Trias himself was of questionable lineage, but he produced accomplished martial artists. The E-Budo froum has more about Mr. Trias in the Baffling Budo section.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!