• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate Gi- Shureido or Kamikaze

Neil

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have worn both (no, not at the same time, silly!) and would say that for the price, Kamikaze will probably be better. If you are a serious/long-term student, go with the Monarch, or the America. If you are a bit strapped for cash, the Instructor is good.

Having said this, I just replaced my last Tokkaido with a Meijin. I will probably be a loyal Meijin guy form now on. Look into them, too.

htttp://https://www.dragon-tsunami.org

Click "products," then "Meijin Karate Uniforms."

I think that they even do club discounts. I cannot be effusive enough in my praise for this brand of Gi.

:)

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

I've never owned a Kamakaze but I have owned Shureido. The Shureido gi was great. Very stiff like cardboard but it lasted a long long time

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

I'm gonna go with the Kamikaze America due to the fact of its price and it sais its a good tough Gi which is what I want, and its a heavy weight. People at my club have had kamikaze gis that have lasted 10 years and they said that they are great, but they are now wearing Shureido. I think the best are probobly Shureido but by just a small margin since everyone that has tried both of them seem to say shureido by just a very small margin but then of course you are paying more for better quality, but at the moment kamaikaze is best for me.

cheers,

Neil