• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'l soon be starting at either 2 Amateur boxing clubs. They are quite far away and they have raised boxers from amateur level to professional. The one thing I wanted to ask is for some reason I feel really nervous. For anyone who belongs to a boxing club feel nervous when first approaching a boxing club?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I know this may seem obvious but how should your attitude be when approaching the club, hard and mean, or polite and gentle or both? Just want to know out of respect.

thanks,

Neil

You should be polite or they will think you are an idiot but train hard and dont whimp out. For instance if you are doing circuit training and you cant do the press ups dont collapse on the floor and say you cant do it just do what you can and try and do a few more.

When you are standing up and are tired dont bend over and put your hands on your knees, stand up straight (not to attention though) just stay up right and you will be ok. Get the picture.

Above all be yourself ask questions if you want, just be you.

Walk in the door just as you would in any situation, respectful and polite. Let them know that you're eager and willing to give it 100%. There's no mystical path to walking in the door. Be yourself. If you walked in all cocky and hard then punked out after 20 push ups, I'm sure you can see the outcome of that one.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."