• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

okay! so im a hipocrit! who knew?

fireka

wow! what a great school! the sensai is both strict and obviously consierned for his students. its very traditional, which is what i was seeking. i watched the kids/adult class and then talked to the sensai who said if i had my gi with me i could start tonight. it was great! im finding however the little bit of shotokan training i did to be getting in the way. not to say either s bad, but within karate it seems isshinryu and shotokan are complete oppisites! i learned a lot though for one night.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
yea, actually thats what i thought, stance and punches was really going to screw me up. i caught onto punches and blocks actually pretty quick though. stances gave me a little troble but you know what really did me in? the kicks! there not that diffrent from shotokan but when i tried to preform my side snap from a stand still position my toes keep coming out, i leaned to much, and i keep hoping with the balance foot on kick recovery. My sensai says its probably because ive been training my body but havent harnesesed flexibility of the hips yet. Probably right, because im really sore today! :bawling:

actually it does come from a japnese language family, and in that since im having no trouble at all. i have at least a little knoladge in most of the asian languages but am best at Japanese.