• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what is shootfighting? i saw a section for it on google and i clicked on it and it took me to mma sites. is shoot fighting just mma fighting?

fight til you die

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
what is shootfighting? i saw a section for it on google and i clicked on it and it took me to mma sites. is shoot fighting just mma fighting?

Shootfighting was initially looked at as a generic name for MMA competition, Ken Shamrock initially listed his style as shootfighting.

Now the name is Trademarked by Bart Vale and it is the name of his form of mixed martial arts.

Although others still use it as a fairly generic name, it is protected. At least in North America.

His website is 2shoot.com

Whether it is Vales's, or some other group using the name, you are fairly safe thinking of it as just mixed martial arts.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

shootfighting or shoot is a combination of karate/judo/muaythai and german wrestling. it was formed in japan, when 3 guys (i think) came together and formed it. although you better watch out because shooto/shootfighting is not the same as shootboxing.

erik paulson or bart vale are good examples of shootfighting.

and to answer your question shootfighting is a good blend of mma fighting.

jiu-jitsu is invicinble

I should see if Muay Thai, Karate, or Judo is trademarked. It would be pretty cool to proclaim myself SUPEROMEGAULTRAGRANDMASTER!!

Trainwreck Tiemeyer

wishes he was R. Lee Ermey.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, people like Hayoto Sakurai are really good shooto competitors.

I think shootfighting is the American version of shooto right?

===================

When cornered, kick 'em in the spetznats. If that doesn't work, run around acting like an epilept + flail your arms about while whizzin' in your pants, then fall down foaming at the mouth. They'll be so disgusted THEY will walk away from the fight....

I think shooto is shootfighting with punches allowed on the ground. And I would say that shootfighting is more than karate(?)/judo/muay thai and wrestling :) Where I'm going to train it, it's a mix of Boxing, muay thai, wrestling, bjj and sambo. :o

Grappling enthusiast!

Shootfighting as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Shoot = going to take down...... Right??

If the first lesson was a failure, then you know that skydiving isn't for you!

A takedown is called a shot, the active form of which is shoot. A "shoot" is a real fight with no predetermined outcome, a term which comes from catch as catch can wrestling.

A "Work"=fixed fight,

Shootfighting="Real" fight.

Trainwreck Tiemeyer

wishes he was R. Lee Ermey.