• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

you seem to be giving it a near perfect rating of 4 out of 5 then saying you need an open mind or are glad you didn't pay full price....

Which is it?

If I am giving a movie 4 out of 5 I would have more good things to say about it then bad.

I think they do a good job of showing that the movie is not based on realistic MAs in the trailers on TV.

I thought the good points were covered by the previous post.

The story line was a classic save the world from unspeakable evil plot. This has been done 100s of times so nothing original there.

The MAs were not so much realistic in my opinion, lots of cable stunts but they did look cool.

I love MA movies so I had a bit of a prejudice in favour of this movie but as far as these go it is not a "must see" but it was entertaining.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
When I first heard about Bulletproof Monk I thought it was going to be like Crouching Tiger. When I saw the previews and realized it was a comdey I was a bit dissappointed.

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

When I first heard about Bulletproof Monk I thought it was going to be like Crouching Tiger. When I saw the previews and realized it was a comdey I was a bit dissappointed.
While it's a little more lighthearted than "Crouching Tiger", Bulletproof Monk isn't really a comedy. At least, I didn't think so. It's somewhere in between.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I think Kar (forget his real name) did well for lil MA training. Bad Girl though could have been better. the srotryline is kinda cool. I would give it a 4 out of 5 as a movie but as ma i would go 2 or 2.5 ( i have watched to many jackie and bruce lee movies) it takes a lot for me not to like a movie. i havent come across a movie i would never watch again. This is one i may watch on comcast if they get it and prolly not get the DVD/ movie. Although i wouldn't mind seeing the behind the scenes

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Chow Yun Fat is a serious martial artist; he's just a good actor with a good choreographer. So as for his style, I'd say that it's "action movie style".

I wouldn't give the movie itself a very high rating. But then, I'm picky when it comes to films. I'd probably give it about 4/10.