• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

as mentioned, it is "anything goes" fighting. UNLIKE the UFC.

"It is not how much you know but how well you have mastered what you've learnt. When making an assessment of one's martial arts training one should measure the depth rather than the length".

- MASTER "General" D. Lacey

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vale tudo is rather sweet, it involves a lot of pummeling. Haha, and yea, it is Craig marduks MA on tekken 4, that might give you a small idea as to what its all about. :karate:

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

Ah, Tekken, I'm a champ in Tekken 4 ;)

Jin owns Marduk though, he's just too big. He has some nice 20-metres-up-in-the-air throw with one hand though.

Grappling enthusiast!

Shootfighting as well.

If one is a good enough Jin-est then can he own marduk, craig is flippin great if played correctly. im a hworang(spelling) player my self. Oh, back to the subject, check out vale tudo, its a good art.

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

Yeah, back to the subject. I mailed the teacher and he said it was for the ones who wanted to do shootfighting professionally. Whatever that might mean..?

Grappling enthusiast!

Shootfighting as well.

There is no such thing as a Vale Tudo style. It's no rules fighting, but the people who enter it can be from any style E.g. Bjj, wrestling and kickboxing etc.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

Is that right? I didnt know that it wasn't a specific style. Cool.

Bloody hell does nobody no what vale tudo is?

It is NHB and is basically what you will see in the UFC.

It isn't the style of no style or any bruce-esq type thing it will contain in 99 % of the classes BJJ muay thai western boxing and if they are into stand up grappling maybeys some wrestling like greco roman.

You will learn to fight with your hands feet elbows knees legs. Takedowns clinch work and groundwork and do a lot of sparring.

A personal favorite of mine (forget the name) where you flow through the 4 headlocks and the rear naked chokes with the escapes, every move practically can be a strike into a hold.

The superior man is modest in his speech, but excels in his actions.

Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Crosstraining in bjj/silat/muaythai/jkd/JJJ/kickboxing

as mentioned, it is "anything goes" fighting. UNLIKE the UFC.

And yet people in pride or UFC or whatever are by a majority vale tudo fighters, this is the same difference between how a kickboxer will fight on the street and the ring - after all you don't kick people in the nuts in the ring but given the oppertunity you damn well would outside of the ring.

The superior man is modest in his speech, but excels in his actions.

Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Crosstraining in bjj/silat/muaythai/jkd/JJJ/kickboxing

very very true!