• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

very very true!

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vale Tudo is Portuguese for "everything goes". This phrase is more accurately translated as free-style fighting. Vale Tudo training helps all styles and systems of martial arts to grow by being tested in a stressful environment. It is an attempt to simulate the fight in the street as closely as is safely possible. The techniques are tested in a sporting environment where no foul play is allowed (i.e. Eye strikes, groin hits...refer to Jeet Kune Do). The result is that the fighter is able to deal with a fight in whatever range they find themselves. Vale Tudo can include techniques from Muay Thai boxing, Boxing, Greco Roman and Free Style Wrestling, Jun Fan Kung Fu, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Shoot wrestling. :karate:

BJJ - Blue Belt

TaeKwonDo - Brown Belt

Krav Maga

Kickboxing

I'm going to move this to the Combative Arts forum, so you can get some more details about Vale Tudo.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Well, I guess since my SN is ValeTudo, I'll answer.

Some of the folks are right. Vale Tudo actually isn't so much a style, as it is a name for a competition. Vale Tudo competitions prohibit biting and eye gouging. All else is legal (like the original UFC). It's the closest you'll EVER get to testing your self-defense/fighting skills in a controlled environment. That's probably what he meant by fighting professionally. You can compete in Vale Tudo/MMA tournaments.

Usually (and I stress usually), the training will consist of BJJ for ground work, some form of wrestling techniques for clinch/takedowns, and either muay thai or western boxing for standup. Those are the three phases of a vale tudo fight (freestanding, clinch, and ground). Vale Tudo teaches you to continually flow between these phases and be skilled at each.

I LOVE Vale Tudo. Would suggest it to anyone who is really interested in fighting. You won't be taught things that work IN THEORY, you'll be taught things that actually do work. And, you'll be able to test them in actual combat.

Where are you planning on training?

Thanks for great replies!

I'm gonna train at a place in Oslo (Norway) called the Mixed Martial Arts Senter... If that told you anything :)

Grappling enthusiast!

Shootfighting as well.