• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A gym which has Muay Thai and Shootfighing and Grappling also teaches Vale Tudo. Now, I'm gonna start training on that gym I think. However, I'm curious what Vale Tudo is? I've heard the name, but I never really figured out of it. Is it effective in self defense as well?

Thanks. :)

Grappling enthusiast!

Shootfighting as well.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres what i know of and read:

vale tudo is grappling style art which is used sometimes in the UFC.

they say its a combination of 1-2 punches or kicks techniques attacking the opponent and then your in with grappling. if you ever played tekken 4, craig marduk uses vale tudo style of fighting in that video game.

heres what i know of and read:

vale tudo is grappling style art which is used sometimes in the UFC.

they say its a combination of 1-2 punches or kicks techniques attacking the opponent and then your in with grappling. if you ever played tekken 4, craig marduk uses vale tudo style of fighting in that video game.

Uhhh...I wouldn't compare anything to Tekken for a style analysis. Wait to see the classes the gym appears to be teaching a lot of different styles, I would see who is teaching these styles.

Vale Tudo is Portuguesemeans anything goes. Striking & grappling.

It is not a "style" of martial arts, but a method of fighting. The early UFC's where Vale Tudo, not rounds, no time limits, no rules.

Now most Vale Tudo competition has turned into what is called Mixed Martial arts to keep it legal and make the boxing commisions happy.

Andrew Green

http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

Go to sherdog.com and download Vanderlei Silva's HL vid. He is a Vale Tudo Fighter.

Vale Tudo, MMA and Shooto (Shootfighting) are all very similar. In my opinion they are the closest organized training styles to Bruce Lee's Jeet Kun Do philosphy as I have heard of.

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it." - Captain Richard Marcinko, USN, Ret.

"Do more than what is required of you." - General George S. Patton

"If you have to step on someone else to stand tall, then you truely are a small person." - ?