• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Each person's JKD is suppose to be unique. So I guess it would all depend on how much the individual wants to focus his JKD for street fighting.

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. Put water into a tea pot, it becomes the tea pot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend."

- Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...

how effective is jeet kune do for street fighting in comparison to other arts?

jeet kune do for street fighthing, i think is the most effective than any other martial art. JKD uses the best moves and techniques the martial artists learns and then generated into the martial artists use. also is generated to suit themselves the most in order for it to work in the most effective and efficient way. JKD is effective by use of intercepting techniques and moves. JKD never wastes time on a fight and uses economy of emotion. for example in a fight, when one learns karate they may not to attack first (they may block then counter), but JKD always advises one to attack first or intercept. if you look back to bruce lee instructional pictures of his style of JKD system you will get another idea of how effective JKD is for steet fights. Its like using what works best to overcome the situation.

JKD was originally designed for street fighting and self defense and during the development of JKD after Bruce Lee's work it introduced the Kali systems in which Dan Inosanto innovatives. Basically Jeet Kune Do is a style wihtout style and anyone can how their own personal JKD developed. JKD needs to be maintained in the martial arts world so that JKD can develop into a better martial art system around the world. That is why evevy JKD/martial artists respects Dan inosanto's great work. The legacy of JKD needs to live forever!

• 4 weeks later...
I think jkd is great...in the event that you can get your opponent to the ground. But..better safe than sorry. Personally, I take jkd for ground purposes, and seiei kan for stand up fighting...you never know if your going to be able to get them to the ground, so it's best to be comfortable fighting upstairs as well as on the ground.

I've only been in 2 streetfights, and Jeet Kune Do has worked both times. By staying calm, and simply using your techniques, you are bound to come out safe against the common schmuck. A straightblast will stop any attack on you.

I'm sorry for my previous listing about JKD, about saying that it would work if you could get your opponent on the ground. I had been discussing Jujitsu before I replied, and obviously kept talking about it lol. AS far as JKD goes, I've studied it only through reading and videos, due to the fact that it is not taught where I live. Therefore I really don't know enough about it to try to analyze it. Sorry for the confusion!