golden tiger

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I can't say I exactly know the names of many sensei' but Andy Sherry recently came down to our club to do our grading (my first) and he is seriously awesome to watch. Such control of every move, every technique really really does use all of his body to perfection. When you see him in his suit holding a briefcase you wouldn't think this older fellow was capable of the kind of power he exudes. It's quite great really. Also noteworthy: everything he said had a purpose, every time he said something I noted it, it was all useful.

I think he's the highest ranked native Britain in shotokan. But I could be wrong. I'm sure Chris can correct me.

~The things you own - they end up owning you.

• 1 month later...

Ticky Donovan. He changed the entire scheme of things for Kumite. He totally analyzed it down to single moves that could win you matches. Where your hand is, how you should bend when you do this. He is cool.

"Never hit a man while he's down; kick him, its easier"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

I dont know any of those senseis, apart from sensei Funikoshi, But my fav senseis are Steve Leak, (karateronin) TOBIAS REECE and Carrie Bates.

Luv lots

Ang :angel:

Angela Winter

orange belt, shotokan karate

Karate International Black Belt Schools UK

NEVER BE INTIMIDATED, NEVER GIVE UP NEVER BE DEFEATED.

you are what you are.

• 1 month later...

My fav,s are sensei Funikoshi sensei Steve Leek Redhall/Bramley Karate International Black Belt School LTD.

Sempi Wolfgang Stramka/Dortmund,Germany.

sensei Horst Kallinowski/Dortmund,Germany.

Sempi Marie Niino/Dortmund,Germany.

If i could get as good as any one of the above

then i will be a happy man. :up:

Bagpuss 5th kyu shotokan Karate.

Cheers winterkarate for the nice word above ^

its coaching the kids I like. The kids at are clubs are super kids and seeing them train hard for their belt is a nice reward. Its when they collect their belt on grading day,Thats when I know my coaching is working.

bagpuss

well if i say names you probaly wont know who so i say someone which a good black belt that teaches good and trains hard and good!! :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• 4 weeks later...

I have trained with Eddie De Rouek, Aiden Trimble, Dave Hazard and Martin Wilson, amoungst many others and martin is the best sensei i have trained with. Joe Anderson is brilliant when i train on squad sessions with him, but Martin is a cool sensei !! :karate:

And I'm sorry if you disagree but hes much better than most other senseis mentioned so far...referring to a couple in particular (no names mentioned!!)

[ This Message was edited by: *Joanne Siddall* on 2001-11-29 06:07 ]