• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Specialty kata

SaiFightsMS

The interesting thing about the Chang-Han forms is that the truly advanced Kata,in tersm of techniques, are in teh iternmediate kyu rank range. If I were ever to teach TKD, I would use the Chang-Han Kyu rank forms,and the WTF BB forms. I think that is an ideal combination.

Hoppy Easter everyone.

:D

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My favoprite kata has been our school's 1st dan kata k-beck. Ever since the first time i saw it there was just something about it. Before i achieved 1st dan my favorite kata was Pin Yon 2. Now that i am a 1st dan i am doing K-beck all the time.

PS-Monkeygirl

i thought you would have said something about T.K.1

T.K. 1= Tournament Kata 1 or Thompson's Kata 1 (monkeygirl can clear the meaning up) that is for our blackeblt club (elite students) that is also where all of our students learn weapons.

I don't really have a specialty kata. This is probably because I'm a shodan and still working on my kata for Nidan, in addition to the others I've learned.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

What is the progression where you train? I love Seipai adn Shisochin. I don't do them very well, but I do love them.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

What is the progression where you train? I love Seipai adn Shisochin. I don't do them very well, but I do love them.

I learned SanSeiru to get my Shodan, and am working on ShiShoChin. I'm now at the point in ShiShoChin where I can work through it on my own and start to make corrections, but I've not even begun the journey to make it my own. After I got my black we switched associations (for hopefully the last time), and now it is switched to ShiShoChin and then SanSeiru.

My favourite kata so far is Seienchin, but I wouldn't call it my specialty.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse