• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

do you fold your uniform after class?

tommarker

In a similar vein to other questions...

Do you have a specific way to fold your uniform after class, or do you just toss it in the bag afterwards?

We have a very particular method, though not as involved as some hakama wearers I've seen.

Of the 20 clubs at our university, I think we are the only ones (except the kendo/iaido folk) who take any sort of care in folding the uniform afterwards.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine goes straight in the wash after class too so I don't bother folding it nicely. Once it's been washed and ironed though I fold it up to go in the bag for next time. I can understand the routines for the hakama though where it isn't going straight into the washing machine.

I've been getting a rather embarrassing pink gi this week. I coloured my hair and when I sweat a lot the colour keeps sweating out in pink drips... I didn't colour my hair pink but it still drips pink LOL.

I roll mine. I neatly fold the pants and top then put them side by side and roll it neatly. This was the suggested way to care for our Gis suggested in a handout.

Then depending on how sweaty I was, it gets washed when I get home.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

I usually fold it. The gi top is folded to the back and the arms then folded together. Pretty straight forward. I always wash it after class but I still choose to fold it after a workout.

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

I don't fold my gi. I wear it to go outside to the car after class and just take it off when I get home. I used to carefully take it off, and take it downstairs and place it in the washing machine after class, but now I just dump it on the floor and take it down to the washing machine the next time I'm going downstairs (usually the next morning).

I guess I'll never be a karate traditionalist. :roll: :lol:

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.