• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you ever wear your gi outside of the dojo?

SaiFightsMS

Do you wear your gi outside the dojo?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear your gi outside the dojo?

• yes
    • only the pants
    • on rare occcasions
    • no never

"You must bear in mind that I actually have no shame. At all."

:lol: :lol: :lol: i hear that!

"only when i go to train " wasn't it you who said you trained 4-6 hours a day, 10 if a tournament was coming up, granmasterchen? when in your day AREN'T you training?

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hardly ever wear my gi outside of class.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

3rd kyu brown belt - shotokan karate

meh. i do from time to time. i'm with martial girl once again, they are awfully comfortable.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

i agree they are really comfortable, do you wear anything under your gi like a shirt or wife beater?? i wear a wife beater under my gi most of the time or no shirt at all.

"When I fight, I fight with my heart,and soul. My heart, and soul is Shotokan Karate."

Shotokan_fighters creed

"karate has to come natural in a fight, if you have to think about using karate in a fight, you will loose the fight"

i don't wear anything under my gi, it gets to hot. well, except for appropiate undergarments of course. why are wife beaters called wife beaters, btw? does anyone know? if i'm wearing like my gi top out side of class, i usually wear it open over a t shirt.

i dont know why they are called wife beaters, that is a good question

Shotokan_fighters creed

What is a wife beater? It appears to be a piece of clothing judging by its description but I've never heard the term.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

i'm sure you've seen them, it's like a meshy tank top that men wear as undershirts. bruce willis always ends up wearing them in the die hard series? tom cruise (god, what a hottie) ends up in one in at least one movie i know, but i can't think of any. i think it's the first mission impossible. if you haven't seen 'em, look around. they're there.

"Wife Beaters" is a term that came out of the fact that mexican gangs wear them as part of their "uniform" and they take great pride in being dominant over their women. Don't take this to mean that I am racist-as this is a racist stereotyping of mexicans-I am just relating historical info.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

tom cruise (god, what a hottie) ends up in one in at least one movie

Well even with my Tom Cruise looks and fantastic body (okay maybe not the body!!) I still don't think that I would wear the formentioned garment in these parts. We brits used to call them "T-bag" tops and it was generally fat slobs that wore them!!! Guess it's a bit different out there :)

Anyway I wear my "pants" to training although I do try to minimise being seen in public in them. My JJ ones aren't quite so bad as they are black and full length so noone really notices :)

I know of one instructor around here that walks upto his club fully kitted out, black belt n'all, with his arms away from his sides like his lats must be huge!!! What a prat!!

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"