• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you ever wear your gi outside of the dojo?

SaiFightsMS

Do you wear your gi outside the dojo?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear your gi outside the dojo?

• yes
    • only the pants
    • on rare occcasions
    • no never

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i only wear my pants outside the dojo. i only put my gi top on in the dojo unless im going to be late to class. then i put on my gi top and belt at home.

I see it a lot with very young children. I can understand it when you combine limited changing areas with parents not wanting their 6 year old getting changed in the dojo. For adults though, this should almost always be a no no, unless it's a changing space issue.

I voted never, because that is the closest answer in principle that you listed. I only wear it to train, or when going to or from training. I train at home, at friends, and at different schools. Also seminars. If I'm training out in a public place, I generally wear street clothes. That's what you'll probably be wearing if the brown stuff hits the whirling blades any how.

Freedom isn't free!

If I train in the basement I'll wear the pants. They're just really comfortable. If I practice in the backyard though I'll wear sweats or shorts. I dont like wearing the uniform on the way to and from class though. Seems like too much chance of getting something on the uniform.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

I wear my gi outside i think its cool also its soo comfortable i sometimes fall asleep after practice when i come home i take the jacket off and eat so i dont get it dirty then sometimes put it back on after ive cleaned up and go to bed or just go to sleep with the pants on. The gi is very warm and insulated i like it alot. My friend and i went to go and see Bullet Proof Monk last friday the 18th and were debating on wheather or not we should wear our gi's but decided not to and it just soo happned two guys like tumbling down the lane of the theatre we were in were going at it and like one of them pushed the other off and dashed for the exit while the other yelled very loudly F*** and chased him. It was ironic becuase it was during a fight scene in a martial arts movie. We then just looked at eachother and were like should we or shouldnt we. But we diddnt we decided not to waste or $5 on our tickets. But now that i think about it i wish we did we could have had a small warm up before we walked to our dojo.

Mo Duk Pai Kung fu - Green Sash (https://www.modukpai.com)

Shotokan Karate - Orange Belt (https://www.nwkarate.com)

Future plans - Go to a Shaolin academy.(https://www.shaolins.com)

I wear it outside the dojo, but usually only before and/or after class in the travel period. Sometimes i have to walk places and sometimes I have to drive, and there is nothing wrong with wearing your Gi when you go there as long as you are wearing it of necessity and not to show off. :brow:

Patience is a grand- either you can learn it or I can make you learn it.

i do when training at home...okay! fine! so i sleep in it!...and wear it to school! and work! and on dates...okay! you got me! i dont go on dates...because im always in a gi....j/k

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty