• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you ever wear your gi outside of the dojo?

SaiFightsMS

Do you wear your gi outside the dojo?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear your gi outside the dojo?

• yes
    • only the pants
    • on rare occcasions
    • no never

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT? you come from training and go to the bed wearing the Uniform.. ewww!!!! lol :D

I much prefer sleeping naked myself; if I wore my gi to bed, next thing ya know I'll be beating my poor husband in his sleep. :lol:

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

You sleep in a gi? Hehe! Never heard someone do that before....

Anyways.. I only wear my gi to and from the dojo. It's at a sportcenter so I wear it. Get in the car, get there and go in and vice versa...

Everybodies Going Kung Fu Fighting! Yah Hoocha! LMAO

I will admit that I bought extra black pants because they are so nice to work out in. And I got really tired of ripping out my sweats stretching. Sweats just aren't made to do the splits in.

Nope! Don't wear my uniform outside after training. My former school allowed students to wear their pants and t-shirt after class as long as they didn't wear their belt. It bugs me seeing "higher ranked" students from other schools wearing their FULL uniform at grocery stores or the mall... Oy! :kaioken: LOL!

This is a good question...and I never realized the answer until I thought about it. When I'm in my whites, I change at the dajong, in my black uniform I put it on at home. One cup of coffee on the way to training is a standard procedure (its a 35 minute ride) and whites and moving coffee do not mix. We don't have good changing facilities where I train.
Drop by and say hi! - http://www.hbtaekwondo.com - http://www.kangselite.com

Nope! Don't wear my uniform outside after training. My former school allowed students to wear their pants and t-shirt after class as long as they didn't wear their belt. It bugs me seeing "higher ranked" students from other schools wearing their FULL uniform at grocery stores or the mall... Oy! :kaioken: LOL!

:o I would never go into a shop or anything wearing my uniform. The furthest I ever went wearing it was about 5 or 6 months ago when my big sister helped out in a Guide pack. My dad picked her up two weeks running (usually he didn't pick her up 'cause she would go out with some friends afterwards instead of coming home), and he sent me into the church hall to get her. Since he'd just picked me up from karate I was wearing my 'gi'. One of the weeks I went to pick her up it was Halloween so all the Guides were dressed up and didn't bat an eyelid, but the other week I got a few funny looks. I wasn't doing it to show off or anything though. After all, at the time all I had was a shiny, bright white belt. :lol: Not much to flaunt really. :lol:

I think I'd find it hard not to laugh at someone who was wandering around in a shop with their 'gi' on.

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.