Ryan

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't done any research into this whatsoever...but I remember my father telling me how he and other officers were issued .45s in Korea when he was there as a company commander...

Do you mean just for everyone to have no matter where they are stationed? (Officer and enlisted?)

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

The current issue is an M9. It is basically a beretta 9mm. And only Commissioned Officers, Police, and some Special Ops units carry them. They are not issued to everyone.

They stopped issuing the Colt 45 some years back.

Okay, that makes more sense...

I hear the Army doesn't carry their m9's on fire (as opposed to safety, not the lack of burning...)?

In the Air Force, we carry them on "fire". You could throw the thing as hard as you could on the ground with the safety off and it still wouldn't shoot...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken quite a bit of combat handgun courses and have practiced as much as my wallet will let me.

I just wish there were a more economical way of training. The club I belong too charges less than any others I've seen for classes, but it is still expensive. Then you have to add the cost of bullets to that.

I will say I feel confident that I can use my weapon efficiently now, but I hope I never have too.

I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP which is chambered in the .45, I wanted to go with a Colt commander, but decided I wanted the shorter barrel. The reason for this isn't because its easier to conceal, because it really isn't, its because I wanted a slower muzzle velocity to help prevent the bullet from penetrating walls. Kind of a safety mechanism.

The 1911 feels more natural to me personally. Thats why I don't mention the glock. It is a fine weapon also, but just not for me. I have a hard time getting used to the trigger. The Kimber trigger is what makes the weapon. It is very good.