• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are you armed?

Ryan

I searched and came up with nothing in this forum. Since I just made a reply in another thread qualifying boxing as a martial art by using the definition of martial, I figured this would be appropriate.

The definition of martial from dictionary.com is this:

1. Of, relating to, or suggestive of war.

2. Relating to or connected with the armed forces or the profession of arms.

3. Characteristic of or befitting a warrior.

Therfor, it stands to reason that training with a handgun would be a martial art. So how many of you own or carry a gun? If so, what kind? Do you have a favorite?

I do have a concealed carry permit, but I dont carry. Mainly because you cant take guns into places I frequent, and they can be a liability. However, I do love to shoot. I really like Glocks, and it seems you either love em or hate em. I like the compact 9mm models the most, but the full size models are nice too. Another one of my favorite Glocks is the compact .40 cal. Nice knock down power with a little less kick than a .45. I also like the H&K USP 9mm and .40 cal. I dont generally like .45s because my grouping is never very good.

Ryan

TKD/JJJ

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A martial art? I don't really think that way. But I do have a CCW. And similar to the reasons you give, I don't carry (my compact .40") that often unless I am traveling to a more populated area that I am unfamiliar with.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

If you look up the etymology of the word martial it means, of or pertaining to Mars ( the Roman god of war ). Therefore, anything that an army does to prepare for battle is a martial skill/technique/strategy. Elevate it to an art form and you have a martial art.

You probably won't find a dojo to learn tank-jitsu where you live but you can always join the US Army and go to Ft. Knox... I did...

I have a Glock 23 compact .40 cal. Over all it is what I like in a pistol but the trigger on Glo9ck is a little spongy for my taste. Springfield Armory just came out with it's xtream duty series. They don't have a compact .40 yet but the trigger is great, the mag seats more secure and it costs about $100 less than the Glock. Will be my next pistol.

"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' " Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Martial Arts are a western thing. The asians just refined them... like TVs and VCRs. There is nothing asian about martial arts unless you are asian or being trained by an asian.

"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' " Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Yes I'm armed.38 revolver in case it get's stole outa the truck.

I love the glocks cause when I throw one up it's pointing where I want.

The negative is they keep 2 bullets on file when you buy one.Made in Smyrna GA. BTW :D

Honestly I'd like to have that 50. cal Desert eagle though.Seen too much real TV where the cops shoot a guy 8 times with a 40. & still have to put the handcuffs on em.

BTW the reason I'm armed is cause of this unstable fella who walked into a supply house I frequent,He ordered everyone out but the manager & shot him in the head leaving behind 2 kids & a wife.He ran & shot himself when confronted by police.The reason he killed the manager is because the manager wouls smoke out back & this fella thought he was eyeballing him.Dude was plum crazy.

Now I could have been in there when that happened.Easily.So now I carry a gun.Just for the folks that need killin.(Where's the big thumb smilie ???)

I don't own any guns (Pellet not included), I prefer the Bow and Arrow for target practice. I do carry a Kubotan (don't take them into airports!) in my pocket. I figure that weapons are an extension of your body, so anything you do with a weapon (non-gun) should give you some insight on how to protect yourself w/out a weapon.