• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tax Day

monkeygirl

For our American members, today is Tax Day!! The day when Uncle Sam keeps post offices in Harrisburg open 'til Midnight :o

So how do you guys do your taxes? Do you do them yourself or take them to H&R Block? Do you get them done early or do you wait until the very last minute?

I'm still a kid so I don't have to worry about taxes, my Dad does them. He does them himself and is a last minute person. I remember what last year was like....he literally sealed the envelope ten minutes before the post office closed, and then made me ride with him so he could keep the engine running while I ran as fast as I could to the window before they closed. We actually had to go to the post office in the next town over because it stayed open for half an hour longer than our local one :roll:

Anybody have any interesting tax day stories? Maybe our international members can share their tax experiences too. Feel free to vent and use the little flamey emoticons :kaioken:

:)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I live in Canada and our tax day is April 30. I filed online ages ago, and already had my refund directly deposited :D

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

i dont have any stories about taxes on tax day... today My little sister got her tonsels(sp) out. so that was the highlight of today was my mom flipping out about is she ok.

my mom gets her taxes on the 4 or 5 every year. She says that they are easy but she never really does anything. my step dad used to be in law school and used to be a CEO of fairly large Company in Arizona...he gets most the work.

My mom step dad and bio dad all get along ok which is really wierd if anyone has divorced parents. the great thing is they fial taxes at the same time. My dad almost always gets about $500 more than my mom.

there they all my geat stories... NOT.

P.S. My sister made it through the operation and is doing great.

Yay! That's good to hear that she's doing well.

Today I officially became a taxpayer... I guess I always have been, but this year Dad made me pay for it. The entire dollar!! That's right, I paid $1 in taxes. And I wrote a check for it too :lol:

I wonder if I can get a 75-cent tax return? ;)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.