When are you all going to realise that boxing actually exist

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boxing is done in a ring with rules, with time limits , with a ref. ON the street boxers almost always break their hands from hitting because they are not trained and conditioned to punch with out a wrap and gloves.

If you believe that karate stances are static and they punch from the hip then you do not know what you are talking about. If done right boxing will give you a good stand up game, ( I train it myself with upperbelts).

and bashing a martial art because you saw some tkd, or karate joe loose. does not mean the art is bad.

Where Art ends, nature begins.

have you ever trained with a boxer? don't you right?

Karate is also done with rules, and in an area that you can't leave there.

Karate ALSO use gloves in competitions so you're used to punch with them..

On the street IMHO a boxer will have much more chances to defend himself than a karate guy, there isn't better hands than the boxers one (again, IMHO).

PD: And please, don't answer me with all those karate's "deadly techniques", and all those "multiple attackers" stuff..

I'm not bashing any martial art, i am telling what i've seen and based with what i've trained.

Boxing is done in a ring with rules, with time limits , with a ref. ON the street boxers almost always break their hands from hitting because they are not trained and conditioned to punch with out a wrap and gloves.

If you believe that karate stances are static and they punch from the hip then you do not know what you are talking about. If done right boxing will give you a good stand up game, ( I train it myself with upperbelts).

and bashing a martial art because you saw some tkd, or karate joe loose. does not mean the art is bad.

Valencia - Venezuela.

Karate ALSO use gloves in competitions so you're used to punch with them..

Depends what type of competition it is. Kyokushin comps generally dont use gloves. Also the gloves are much smaller than boxing gloves which gives you less room for bad striking technique.

there isn't better hands than the boxers one

In a self-defence situation you use more than just your hands.

And most of the time you wont find 2 guys have a fair fist fight. It just doesnt happen these days.

Also Venezolano, what styles have you trained in?

Depends what type of competition it is. Kyokushin comps generally dont use gloves. Also the gloves are much smaller than boxing gloves which gives you less room for bad striking technique.

Kyokushin is good, but others styles use gloves (shotokan, shito ryu, etc)

In a self-defence situation you use more than just your hands.

And most of the time you wont find 2 guys have a fair fist fight. It just doesnt happen these days.

Of course you use more than just your hands, but IMHO a boxer would leave better of a self defense situation than a karate guy, what would you do? a fancy kick, or a deadly technique? B.S

If a boxer can connect you a good punch, you get KO, they know much better how to use their hands than anyone.

Also Venezolano, what styles have you trained in?

Karate (Shotokan), Taekwondo, (both, many time ago), and now BJJ

Valencia - Venezuela.

I do train with a boxer and a good one. He is now a 3rd dan. I do shotokan and I do not train for competition so i do not wear gloves unless we are boxing. We also break boards and bricks and train bare knuckle. Depends on how you train. yea a boxer might beat me in the street but nothing is for free we will both be hurt. Karate does have more techniques than boxing, it even has weapons. IM not bashing boxing because It is a tool that I feel you need, but to say it is better than karate is foolish. There are not a lot of karate guys I would put up against Tyson But there are a few, even a boxer will have trouble with him.

By the way fancy kicks are for the movies, some boxers are easy to kick in the knees and thighs.

Where Art ends, nature begins.

Of course Karate has more techniques than boxing, since Karate is a martial art and boxing is a "sport", but most karate's techniques that people teachs today are useless in a real situation, i think that since 'sport Karate' appeared, it lost most of its martiality (althought like i said, it depends in your school, but MOST, teach you useless things).

Valencia - Venezuela.