• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When are you all going to realise that boxing actually exist

even if the technqiue may not always work in a street fight, you will be able to take loads of punches and give a hell of a smack to your opponent. so in this perspective i surely think that boxing is effective and I respect it

Be everything. Be nothing.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boxing is in some way similiar to aikido regarding street effectiveness; u just have to apply your techniques properly to the street situation like u have to change the techniques a bit

Be everything. Be nothing.

I really rather not strike with a boxer, but a Thai boxer would be even worse in my opinion.

"razor elbows, killer knees, iron fists and monster kicks"

"Nice punch!!!, now let's see how well you punch with a broken arm"

I don't want to get into the debat over what is better, but the truth is that a kickboxer or thaiboxer should (if train right) have the same skills as a boxer does. The fact is that when I first started training Thai about 12yrs ago my trainer use to be a boxer, and I consider myself to have very good hand skills to match the rest. So to conclude..to have good hand and feet skills along with clinch is just unstoppable!!!!

I personally believe it would be hard to box with a broken knee.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failures...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." (TR)

Yes but it is hard to break a knee when you are knocked out.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. :brow:

Whether either fighter can do the above depends, among other things, on the skill level of the fighters.

May the best fighter win :D

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

i think maui tai is very good ,against others i have seen muai tai people win against lots of good fighters

WTF-TaeKwonDo White belt

Bill Cho's National TKD

InSearchOf wrote:

This is so overrated, when it comes to MA's talking about Boxers and how they would just break their knee with a kick, is old and BS!

Rickson Gracie is notories for kicking his opponents knees in Vale Tudo tournaments, yet no knees were ever broken. To be honest the only place I have seen this done and work is in the movies, don't get me wrong it is possible in a street fight to work, but to relay on that single move is BS.

Ghost wrote:

Yes but it is hard to break a knee when you are knocked out.

Now were talking, head hunting and going for the KO is what Boxers do best, and one of the reasons why they would "Mop the Floor" with most martial artists.