• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

roundhouse kicks

devilthaiboxer

how do you do your roundhouse kicks do you put your hip into it and do you move you standing foot to about 90 dergees or 170 ?i mean the basic chudan mawashi geri.

I'd quote bruce lee but to me he's just another person who got lucky

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Power is from the hips, supporting foot turns more like 135 degrees to 170 if 0 degrees is faceing the target and 90 is directly to the side.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

No. It comes from you waist.

Do not do the classic Shotokan mawashi geri.

First you move th waist and let the the rear leg catch up and throw all your bodyweight DOWN. Remember all kicks travel down never up like you see in all the van damn films, thats why you have fists! The ontact is made either with top of shin or knee. It is definatly a close-range kick at its most effective tool. Your body should be side on now. Turn the body forward as you snap the kick back so you are ready to do a front kick. Then place it down.

If you ever travel to Malaysia you will see probobly the best executers of a proper round house kick. Ther Muay Thai fighters. You will never see them using their hips only their waists.

In TKD we use our hips more than most other styles. Your hip should point at your target before the rest of you leg follows. Swing your hip into it and if done correctly you'll notice much more power.

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!