• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is capoeira a good combative style?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is capoeira a good combative style?

• YES?
    • NO?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people see it as a martial art -- others as a dance, and there those who believe that it is their religion and cultural identity.

The description of Capoeira varies according to people's personalities. It is a native Brazilian Indian word given to a small partridge whose male is very jealous and engages in fierce fights with its rivals. Capoeira blends elements of dance, music, rituals, acrobatics, and fighting.

Anyone can find some form of identity in Capoeira. Let's take for instance somebody who lives in a big city like New York. He will probably see Capoeira as a martial art or as a form of self-defense. Because of the intensity of the city, and the challenges that he faces everyday, it makes him a natural "warrior" and he brings this instinct in to Capoeira's circle.

Brazilians call Capoeira a game. Capoeira is "played", not fought.As for ur question, capoeira can be used as a combative style but has its weaknesses like all arts.

Hope that helped.

capoeira can be brutal. If you watch closely, you can see it. those kicks usually lead to some type of takedown, and there is a lot of infighting - mainly elbows. I've got a vid of a capoeira takedown of my PC somewhere. Like anything else, how you train it makes all the difference.

Hey thnx for the vid but im still skeptical about it? And seven i like ur explanation on the topic very insightfull, very true capoeira is played not fought :idea:

"Sweat more in the dojo,bleed less in the street"Kajukenbo fighters axiom.

Hey thnx for the vid but im still skeptical about it? And seven i like ur explanation on the topic very insightfull, very true capoeira is played not fought :idea:

It was a international Vale Tudo fight in Brazil..what are you skeptical about?