• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Very late intro

aes

Hi everyone. I never formally introduced myself so here it goes:

I have been studying MA now for about 8 months and am enjoying immensely. I just wish I had more free time to train more but being a daddy takes lots of my time.

Speaking of that my daughter signed up for lessons at the same time as me and we have both acheived Gold/Black belts now. It is great to be able to bond and share the fun of learning MA with her. I am now working on my wife joining. :-)

I went to a gym for years and years but became bored with pumping weights and cardio machines. I felt that MA would give me so much more for my energy put out. Besides it was fullfilling a life long interest.

I never took MA when I was younger as I feared the public kata belt tests. Now sure I am nervous but training hard and having faith in myself has gotten me by this hurdle. This if funny as the public belt testing is what scares my wife these days.

I started off wanting to learn with no interest in MA as a sport. I have since taken up tournements and love it.

BTW It is great to have this forum to ask questions and offer opinions on. :-)

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Great to have you here Aes. I started MA over three years ago with my son on the suggestion of my wife. "It will be fun, you two should do something together". Will she was right, we're both still training and would'nt give it up for the world. We're both going for our brown belts (3rd kyu) in a couple of weeks. So I can relate with doing something with your kids. I've rambled long enough! Welcome, I've enjoyed your posts.

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Welcome. My father taught me martial arts. I'm teaching my sons martial arts. It's great. Enjoy yourself here at karateforums.com.

MA

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

Welcome.

I'm trying to keep my daughter interested, since she is almost to her black belt. but she's a full blown teenager now, and is getting all wrapped up in her social life. :cry:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Well, you've always been welcome, even before your intro but ... welcome! :wave:

My dad, brother and I all started tae kwon do classes at the same time. My dad had to drop out do to some arthritis problems in his toes. My brother and I stuck with it though, and tested (and passed!) for our black belts together. Brother-and-sister teams are fairly rare in our dojo, but to join at the same time and stay together in the ranks is a true anomaly. Guess we just had to be special :P

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Hello,

Wellcome to the Forums. Great you train with your daughter. I tried to have my bro training with me, but he wasn't too much interest in the martial arts. I think he had the potential to be a good martial artist.

Anyway, Have Fun in the forums.