• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats the "Better" bout for the sport?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the "Better" bout for the sport?

• Jones jr Vs. Iron Mike
    • Vs. Chris Byrd

4 all U boxing fans out there. what do U all think of upcoming fights, rumored fights, recent fights, etc. I personally think either Chris Byrd or Iron Mike should have a bout with newcomer Jones Jr.. Also, whats in the future for the ukranian giants. Opinions please. Plus, make sure to make a vote.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

While Jones Jr. is a flashy, quick extremely skilled boxer, I think he would even realize that going up against Iron Mike Tyson is not favorable for him. Stepping up to fight John Ruiz was a smart calculated risk for the much lighter Roy Jones Jr. Ruiz is a slow lumbering heavyweight with a suspect chin and limited skills and power. Iron Mike, while an aging fighter, still packs huge explosive power, as was shown in his last bout.

Iron Mike KO's 240+lb men....hitting Roy Jones, who only weighed 193 lbs for the Ruiz fight would be devestated by a single blow from Tyson. Tyson is faster and far more skilled than John Ruiz and I think he would seriouly injure Roy Jones Jr.

Of course I'm going to hear "you can't hurt what you can't hit" But even Ruiz connected with Jones.

Byrd on the other hand is a pretty good boxer/puncher in the hevyweight division...a little more skilled than Tyson, younger...quicker...but lacking the devestating power of Tyson. I think the styles would make a far more entertaining bout .

If I wanted to watch someone have thier career(and maybe thier life) end I'd watch the Jones Jr. - Tyson fight.

For an entertaining well boxed bout I'd rather watch a Jones Jr. - Byrd bout.

I think the Ukranian Giants are finished...they were brought to the point they're at by fighting less than stellar competition and it's starting to show...Lewis would own them both.