Karate or Gym?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With karate you are actually learning something useful. I think if you could combine the two you are much better off than just with one or the other.

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

...false confidence is a dangerous thing...

misinformation is a dangerous thing

Sorry, could'nt resist :D

|Mayur|

yes thats why every single school should not advertise they teach realistic self defense..the worst thing you can do is lie to people.

A good MA school should not only focus on self defence, but also physical training. If your not fit for the class, then you will get tired fast and not give 100% during the class. But truthfully, I feel karate is better :D

#1"The road to tae kwan leep is an endless road leading into the herizon, you must fully understand its ways". #2"but i wanna wax the walls with people now" #1"come ed gruberman, your first lesson is here.....boot to the head" #2"ouch, you kicked me in the head", #1"you learn quickly ed gruberman"

I would say studying an art is better than ONLY working with weights, but they really are quite complimentary. I do both, and so do most of my training buddies. Im no body builder by any means. Im only 170 lbs at almost 6'3, but Im much stronger than I look.

Ryan

TKD/JJJ

I would say that only weight lifting is best. You get more outright approval from your friends and complete strangers when you're more attractive from weight lifting, so that means it's better.

If one or more gang members attempts to mug you or assault you, just impress them by taking off your shirt and showing them your excellent physique. Then they will want to be your best friend instead of attacking you.

Lets get back on topic and ignore TheSod_88's comments. He or she has been dealt with appropriately. Thank you.